Our contest is open for application till the 14th of January, when a special jury will select the candidates for this new edition.
The challengers face each other first on the web, with an online vote on the private Facebook group Feel the yarn – For New Designers, and then, at Pitti Immagine Filati FW 23/24 – the main trade fair – where the absolute winner of Feel the Contest 2022 will be declared.
The competition therefore requires technical and stylistic qualities for the design and realization of the outfits, and a willingness to share digital content regarding the working-progress with the organizers and/or directly on the Facebook group Feel the Yarn – For New Designers.
Throughout the competition, the images and videos connected to the participants’ projects will be posted both on the FB group and on the other social networks of the consortium in tune with the overall editorial calendar of FTY.
Participation in Feel the Contest 2022 is free at every stage. The yarns that will be used are also made available free of charge by the Italian yarn spinners that adhere to Feel the Yarn®. The quantity available for each participant to create the two outfits shall be up to 10 Kg, in the available colours.
The competition provides for a first selection, from among all the applicants that will be received in accordance with the procedures indicated in point ACCESSION REQUIREMENTS AND MODALITIES, which will lead to the final choice of participants. The list will be published on the FB group Feel the Yarn – For New Designers as well as on the FTY other digital media.
Within this list each participant will be paired with an Italian yarn spinner, which will provide the raw material for the creation of the garments. The two outfits have to be realized and photographed by the 15th of April in order to enable the organizers to publish them on the FB group before the poll which will start on the 2nd of May.
The top 5 designers voted by the members of the FB group Feel the Yarn – For New Designers will:
- be included in the shootings for the International magazine Feel the Yarn issue # 08 FW 23/24, to be released in mid-June;
- be promoted, within the FTY communication plan for the results of the contest, in the international press of the sector and FTY branded social media;
- have the chance to exhibit the garments in a stand dedicated to Feel the Contest 2022 inside a main physical event dedicated to the FW 23/24 yarns collections, where they will be evaluated by a professional jury in order to select the winner.
The Overall Winner will be able to create a capsule collection made mainly in knit for the SS23 season, entirely Made in Italy. The cost of yarns, in the available colours, and production of the garments, will be borne entirely by FTY®.
ACCESSION REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURES
Young designers between the ages of 22 and 35 (*) may participate.
(*) The evaluating committee can admit up to 2 candidates over the age of 35, on the basis of significant draft projects presented for the competition.
- Portfolio of previous works with knitwear;
- CV outlining background in education and experience related to knitwear;
- Draft project for the 2 outfits based upon the theme of the competition which is “Feel the Green”, in any interpretation of it; see for reference our website at: “Sustainability”. The project must include technical data such as: product category, yarns count, gauge/s, colours, third party certifications; see for reference our website at Italian Yarns (any other information regarding yarns features and/or the working process to be used for the outfits will be welcomed).
It is required also:
- Professionalism and confidentiality regarding information, data, and know-how related to products and production processes that could be acquired during the work with the paired yarn spinner;
- Compliance with the rules and times indicated for the development of the project, which will be updated on the FB group Feel the Yarn – For New Designers;
- Availability to share on the group and on social media during the various phases of the competition of photographic and/or video materials related to the various phases of realization of the garments.
CASES OF EXCLUSION
The organizer reserves the incontestable right to exclude participants from the contest, in case of violation of points (a) and (b) referred to in the preceding paragraph.